Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's geopolitical and theological

Muslims in Egypt riot and burn and kill because somebody insulted their prophet, and a lot of people have very strong opinions as to just why they do this. Is it because of poisonous and violent teachings in Islamic theology? Or is it because of geopolitical circumstances, that put people in desperate situations with no effective rule of law?

Well, it's both, obviously. Those who want to reduce it to nothing more than geopolitics need to ask themselves what exactly these people would be rioting about if their holy book wasn't giving them an excuse. (And if the answer is that instead they'd riot against their ineffective governments and the negative influence of Western economic interests in the region, good for them!) And those who want to reduce it to nothing more than the negative influence of Islam need to ask themselves what was so different about the medieval period/Islamic Golden Age, when the successful countries were all Muslims and the angry witch-burning riot-prone idiots were represented by Christendom.

4 comments:

  1. what exactly these people would be rioting about if their holy book wasn't giving them an excuse

    Last call, probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poker account got hacked into due to using AVG I can't think of any other reasons how someone got into my computer I don't go to all Sites or click on all things I have ablock my 1K gaming computer also just froze up on me 2 weeks after I had it after downloading AVG and now it's all making sense been using AVG for 4 years now and never had a problem until I got these two new computers and had to reinstall it so disappointing already done downloaded it on one and if I can get the other one to respond will be removing it from there also makes me not even want to use a antivirus anymore but over $200 to player 2 player transferred and nobody has my login details and I live by myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome articles is post by you in this blog. You give a decent thing. Much obliged to you for such a pleasant article. Each expression of this blog causes me to offer detail to me.
    Visit:Brand Development Company | Travel Portal Development | Software Development Solutions

    ReplyDelete